video available only in french
Purchase of 12 geriatric chairs:
(plus 5 for the emergency)
- Allows patients to be out of bed.
- More comfortable.
- Meet safety standards.
Purchase of 3 personalized mattress tops in memory foam:
- Allows palliative care patients to be more comfortable.
- Prevents bed sores.
- Quick to obtain and fast installation.
Purchase of 2 coccyx release cushions:
- For patients with colon cancer.
- Offer comfort.
- More stable than airbags.
Purchase of 4 sound pads:
- Warns staff when a patient who is at risk of falling gets up.
Purchase of 2 floor mats:
- Removes restraints from people at risk of falling.
- More comfortable for a patient without any restraints.
- Avoids injuries in the event of a fall.
- Reassures the families.
Implementation of the “Touch Quilt” program:
- Co-ordinated by the Foundation.
- Small quilt-type blankets.
- Created by the Lachute Farmers’ Circle.
- Pieces of fabric are donated by the Atelier Tricycle.
- Different colours and textures.
- Ribbons, buttons, zippers, etc…
- For users with loss of cognitive skills (Alzheimer’s, dementia).
- Offers comfort, insurance and security.
- Stimulates the touch and can awaken clients’ memory.