- Installation of a HEPA filter.
- Addition of an air intake for the 3 locations.
- Addition of a “blower” to the heat pump which is now dedicated to sterile premises.
Installation of air pressure monitors.
- Can now complete sterile preparation of antibiotics and parenteral nutrition.
- Greater stability of drugs which allows for longer shelf life.
- Financial savings on drugs by using large format vials.
- Packaging of antibiotics and various sterile preparations by the pharmacy alleviates the work previously done by nurses and allows them to spend more time with patients.
- Centralized Solute Addition Service (CSAS) is now available 7 days per week.